Recipe adapted from here.
Egg 2-3 (I used 2)
Castor sugar 40g
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Castor Sugar 60g
1. To prepare the caramel, place the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until it begins to melt. Stir continuously. When the sugar turns into dark brown syrup, add water and cook until no more sugar lumps.
2. Remove from heat and pour this caramel into 6 small cups. Set aside.
3. For the custard, heat the milk together with sugar, until all the sugar melted. Remove from heat.
4. Mix in egg and vanilla essence, stir till well combine.
5. Filter and pour the mixture into the small cups.
6. Place the cups inside another pan and pour hot water until it comes half way the cups.
7. Bake for 170'C for 30 minutes.
The custard turned out to be smooth and tasty, however, a bit too sweet for my liking. Should reduce the amount of sugar next time. This seems to be a easy recipe and my sister gave a high rating for this dessert. Thus, a keeper again!